Our partners are crucially important to addressing the crisis of homelessness in Seattle and King County.
Partners contribute time, funds, or other resources in a collaborative effort to achieve our mission.
U District Community partners
Lead Community Partner
- YouthCare will help "coordinate café operations and the availability of resources and information from various social services." We are excited to build and collaborate this project together through their youth drop-in center at University District Youth Center (UDYC), as well as through the many other excellent programs and services that YouthCare offers.
Collaborating Community Partners
Collaboration and working together is crucial to making The Doorway Project a success. The following is a list of businesses, services agencies, and community centers in the U District, as well as Seattle, that have already helped this project take off in extraordinary ways.
- ROOTS Young Adult Shelter
- U-Heights Center
- Seattle Public Library - University Branch
- Teen Feed
- Street Bean Cafe
- Jack Straw Cultural Center
- Street Youth Ministries
- Sanctuary Art Center
- Elizabeth Gregory Home
- Peace for the Streets by Kids from the Streets (PSKS)
- The Northwest Network of Bi, Trans, Lesbian and Gay Survivors of Abuse (NW Network)
University of Washington Partners
- School of Law
- School of Nursing
- School of Public Health
- School of Social Work
- Carlson Leadership and Public Service Center
- Urban @ UW Homelessness Research Initiative
- Center for OneHealth Research
Washington State Partners
Often, when we describe The Doorway Project to people, it can be hard to clearly explain all the moving parts and people involved. Sometimes, words fall short. So, we decided to make a diagram.
What does it look like to you? An octopus? A spiderweb? A neural network? A subway map? We think it looks like community innovation happening right here in the U District.
Become Our Partner
If you would like to partner with us, fill out the form below and one of our staff members will get back to you.